Sunday 13 May 2012

Asking Sainsbury's to use beef gelatine instead

I E-mailed the supermarket giant, Sainsbury's, asking them to stop using pork gelatine in their sweets and to use beef gelatine instead.

Dear Sainsburys,I'm writing to request that you replace the 'pork gelatine' in your sweets with 'beef gelatin'. I'm a Muslim so it is against my religion to consume pork, even though I'd love to buy your jelly sweets - I am unable to because they include pork. I do not see how this would make a difference to your business but it will increase sales, because Muslims, Jews, and people who do not consume pork will not have to think twice about buying your products. Please think about this. Thanks you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you, [Name].

This is the reply that I received:


Dear [Name]
Thanks for your suggestion about replacing pork gelatin in our sweets with beef gelatin.  

It’s a really good idea and as you point out many of our Muslim and Jewish customers would then be able to enjoy more of our sweets.

I’ve logged your suggestion as we use these to help us make improvements to our products where possible.  I hope in future you may be able to enjoy more of the tasty treats we currently stock and thank you again for sharing this great idea with us.  

We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us and look forward to seeing you in store soon.  

Kind regards
Denise McIntosh | Customer Manager 
If you would like Sainsburys to do this, then you can email them at customerservice@sainsburys.co.uk and either copy & paste what I wrote or write it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment